Short and sweet list of some of the sublime.
- My friend Isabel (whose birthday was last week! ♥) took some time to appreciate the little moments in life. I need to remember to do this more often.
- One who would remember to be appreciative, and one whose birthday was also a couple of days ago, was Henry David Thoreau! The following is not only one of my favorite Thoreau quotes, but one of my favorite quotes of all time:
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
- An amazing example of such a castle is the strong and steadily growing empire that is the Geek & Sundry youtube channel. At this past Comic-Con they announced a number of upcoming shows; I’m so excited for the new shows! Watch part of their panel and witness their wonderful geeky love for the work they create:
- The lovely ladies of the Red Velvet Shop have a sale on all of their eight ecourses, which runs until the end of the month. There are certainly a few that I have my eye on!
- Speaking of learning, The Study of Light photography ecourse looks so exciting! It’s a self-paced eight week course and the outline mentions a number of different areas– everything from the resources, settings, and indoor/outdoor work.