Alright, so it’s February and I’m just now getting to a “resolutions” post of sorts. It’s better than nothing, right?
Beginning with the eight of swords and moving clockwise, these cards represent the months ahead. The center card is the overall year.
According to my own tarot spread, the first quarter will be a bit tumultuous (the eight of swords certainly summed up last month), but things start looking up. Of course, it’s all up to me to make things happen. And yes, that’s always true, regardless of any sort of fortune telling, but it’s nice to feel like its supported by something, no? Besides, look how gorgeous that art is!
In any case, while I should be more specific and choose things that can definitively be achieved by a certain date, instead I’m choosing goals that are so vague that I must be able to achieve them! Sorry GTD-ers! Enlarge the target, easier to aim and all that. ;D
As the title suggest, my basic goals are to connect, create, regenerate.
- Even within California, I’ve got great friends that live at least an hour away and I just really need to visit them. I’ve also got a lot of hopes to see the rest of the country, because I’ve only seen Seattle (when I was around… eight?), New York, and Washington DC, but the California coast takes top priority.
- Engage more online.
- For someone with a blog this may seem weird, but there are some social media networks that I’m on that I don’t use beyond their basic function, but I wish that I did. There are so many discussions that I want to get into on both goodreads and ravelry. Lately I have actually been on the latter more than before (Ysolda‘s “Follow Your Arrow” Mystery Knit Along has been keeping me busy!), and I’m slowly updating my notebook with the projects that I’ve done.
I need to get in the habit of photographing my work. So many projects aren’t even listed!
- Record and release.
- This has a bit of an overlap with “connect“, but that’s the point. Last year, I didn’t even share a single song! Okay, I never even got around to finishing a recording of one; either I kept messing up and never liking a single take, or just feeling like I needed more to add to a song. This year I need to learn to make the time to get it right, or to just let go and let it be the way it is.
- Read at least 25 books.
- As far as I’m concerned, reading– as well as comic books, television, video games, and really all other forms of media consumption counts, so long as one is mentally engaged– falls into the regeneration of the mind. It’s filling the inspirational well of ideas, you know? Anyway, I’m ashamed to admit that I haven’t been reading as much now that I’m no longer being assigned books. I’ve even fallen behind on my Vaginal Fantasy book choices! Like most things in my life, I start something and it quickly ends up on the back burner. Last year I failed to reach my Goodreads goal of twenty-five books and the disgrace of that weighs heavily. /end melodrama
- Sleep more. Sleep better. (Iz, I really am stealing all of your resolutions now, I apologize!)
- Despite knowing that a person needs 7-9 hours of sleep (sleep cycles!), I feel guilty when I’ve slept more than 6. It’s silly to feel that way, but all those years of all-nighters have made me feel like anything more than 5 hours means I’m not working hard enough. Dumb, I know, but hey, I’m not getting enough sleep, therefore I’m not thinking clearly. ;D
There you have it, my five general resolutions for 2014. It’s not the best format, but the set has a catchy-rhyme-y* title, so that should help me remember.
*Between this and the post title, I admit, I may or may not be on a Doctor Who kick right now. Not that that ever left me. Allons-y!